Telmisartan is intended for the treatment of essential hypertension and lowering blood pressure.
Lowering blood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and non-fatal cardiovascular events, especially strokes and myocardial infarction.
The Telmisartan efficacy has been proven in controlled trials of antihypertensive drugs from a wide range of pharmacological classes.
Controlling high blood pressure with the help of Telmisartan can be a part of integrated risk management of cardiovascular diseases, including, if necessary, control of lipids, diabetes treatment, antithrombotic therapy, smoking cessation, high physical activity and restricted sodium intake.
Telmisartan is also effective in the prevention of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients over 55 years old with a high risk of cardiovascular disease.
Telmisartan blocks angiotensin II receptors (subtype AT1). Telmisartan inhibits the pressor effect of angiotensin II, lowers plasma aldosterone levels, increases diuresis, excretion of sodium and chlorides. Telmisartan has a nephroprotective effect, reduces the level of albuminuria.
Telmisartan lowers renal blood flow by 10% without compromising glomerular filtration. In high doses, Telmisartan reduces the severity of myocardial hypertrophy.
In patients with arterial hypertension, Telmisartan lowers both systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure without changing the heart rate.
Telmisartan is well absorbed from the digestive tract. The absolute bioavailability of Telmisartan is 40-60%.
- arterial hypertension
- reduction in cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients aged 55 years and older with a high risk of cardiovascular disease
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug
- pregnancy and lactation
- obstructive biliary tract disease
- severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class C)
- simultaneous use with aliskiren or aliskiren-containing drugs in patients with diabetes mellitus and / or moderate or severe renal impairment
- simultaneous use with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in patients with diabetic nephropathy
- lactase deficiency
- lactose intolerance
- glucose galactose malabsorption
- age up to 18 years (efficacy and safety not established)
Package: 28 tabs 80 mg