Rimantadine is an antiviral medication, derivative of adamantane.
The main mechanism of the antiviral action of Rimantadine is the inhibition of the early stage of specific reproduction after the virus enters the cell and before the initial transcription of RNA.
Rimantadine is effective against various strains of influenza A virus (especially type A2), Herpes simplex viruses of type I and II, as well as tick-borne encephalitis viruses, which belong to the group of arboviruses of the Flaviviridae family.
Rimantadine has an antitoxic and immunomodulatory effect. The polymer structure of Rimantadine provides long-term circulation in the body, which allows it to be used not only for not only therapeutic, but also for prophylactic purposes.
- prevention and early treatment of influenza in adults and children older than 7 years
- epidemic prevention
- prevention of tick-borne encephalitis of viral etiology
- Herpes simplex viruses type I and II
- hypersensitivity to rimantadine
- acute liver disease
- acute and chronic renal disease
- pregnancy and lactation
- children's age (up to 7 years)
Package: 20 tabs 50 mg