Finasteride is a medication intended for treating an enlarged prostate.
Finasteride is intended to treat male hair loss - pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia) in men. Finasteride, along with Minoxidil, is one of two medications, that have proven efficacy against hair loss.
Also Finasteride can also be used to treat excessive hair growth in women and as a part of hormone therapy for transgender women.
- prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostate cancer
- androgenetic hair loss in man
- hirsutism (excessive facial or body hair growth) in women
- transgender hormone therapy
- hypersensitivity to Finasteride and other ingredients
- obstructive uropathy
- lactose intolerance
- lactase deficiency
- glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome
- for use in women age up to 18 years
- pregnancy and lactation
Other trade names: Proscar, Propecia
Package: 30 tabs 5 mg