Elkar - medication for correction of metabolic processes and energy supply of tissues
- antihypoxic and antithyroid
- activation of fat metabolism
- stimulation of regeneration
- regulation of appetite
The basic active substance of Elkar is Levocarnitine - synthetic analog of amino acid L-Carnitine.
Elkar normalizes protein and fat metabolism, increases secretion and enzymatic activity of gastric and intestinal juices, improves digestion of food, reduces excess body weight and reduces the fat content in muscles.
Elkar also increases resistance to physical stress, inhibits the formation of keto acids and anaerobic glycolysis, reduces the degree of lactic acidosis, contributes to the economical consumption of glycogen and increases its stores in the liver and muscles.
Elkar, being a partial antagonist of thyroxine, has an anabolic and lipolytic action, normalizes the increased base metabolism in hyperthyroidism.
- anorexia nervosa syndrome
- reabilitation after diseases and surgical interventions
- intense physical activity and sports training
- therapy of chronic gastritis with a decreased secretory function and chronic pancreatitis with exocrine insufficiency;
- therapy of skin diseases (psoriasis, seborrheic eczema, focal scleroderma, discoid lupus erythematosus);
- neurologic manifestations on cerebral lesions of brain (vascular, toxic and traumatic genesis)
- diseases accompanied by a deficiency of carnitine (myopathy, cardiomyopathy, mitochondrial diseases with concomitant mitochondrial insufficiency)
Also Elkar can be used in pediatrics (treatment of children under 3 years):
- premature newborns, newborns after birth trauma or asphyxia
- weakened sucking reflex and low weight gain, decreased muscle tone, with insufficient development of motor and mental functions
- stunting and lack of body weight in children and adolescents under 16 years of age.
Package: 1 bottle 100 ml