Oftan-Dexamethasone is a synthetic glucocorticoid drug designed for the treatment of infectious eye diseases and inflammatory processes in ophthalmology.
Oftan-Dexamethasone has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive, desensitizing, antitoxic and anti-shock activity.
Oftan-Dexamethasone increases the sensitivity of beta-adrenergic receptors to endogenous catecholamines.
After instillation to the conjunctival sac, Oftan-Dexamethasone penetrates well into the corneal epithelium and conjunctiva, reaching therapeutic concentrations. If the mucous membrane of the eyes is damaged, the penetration rate of Oftan-Dexamethasone increases.
Systemic absorption of Oftan-Dexamethasone is minimal. About 70% Oftan-Dexamethasone entering the systemic circulation will bounded to plasma proteins.
The duration of the anti-inflammatory effect of Oftan-Dexamethasone after instillation of 1 drop is 4-8 hours.
- non-purulent conjunctivitis
- keratoconjunctivitis and blepharitis
- scleritis and episcleritis
- iritis and iridocyclitis
- choroiditis and chorioretinitis
- optic neuritis
- sympathetic ophthalmia
- prevention and treatment in the postoperative and post-traumatic period
- restoration of corneal transparency and reduction of neovascularization after keratitis, burns
- viral eye diseases
- fungal eye diseases
- purulent eye diseases (without concomitant antimicrobial therapy)
- increased intraocular pressure
- damage to the integrity of the corneal epithelium
- eye tuberculosis
- children under 6 years old
- lactation (breastfeeding)
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug
It is necessary to remove soft contact lenses before applying Oftan-Dexamethasone and to set them no earlier than 15 minutes after instillation.
Package: 1 bottle 5 ml