Atorvastatin belongs to the medications which are known as statins.
Atorvastatin can be used for prevention of events associated with cardiovascular disease. Also Atorvastatin can be used as a lipid-lowering agent.
- hypercholesterolemia (heterozygous familial and nonfamilial) and mixed dyslipidemia (Fredrickson types IIa and IIb) to reduce total cholesterol, LDL-C, apo-B,triglycerides levels, and CRP as well as increase HDL levels
- heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia in pediatric patients
- homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia
- hypertriglyceridemia (Fredrickson Type IV)
- primary dysbetalipoproteinemia (Fredrickson Type III)
- prevention of heart attack, stroke, and need for revascularization procedures in patients who have risk factors such as age, smoking, high blood pressure, low HDL-C, and a family history of early heart disease, but have not yet developed clinically evident coronary artery disease.
- prevention of myocardial infarction, stroke, unstable angina,and revascularization in people with established coronary artery disease.
- myocardial infarction and stroke prophylaxis in patients with type II diabetes
- acute coronary syndrome and thrombotic stroke
- liver disease in the active stage (including active chronic hepatitis, chronic alcoholic hepatitis)
- incensement of the activity of hepatic transaminases (more than 3 times in comparison with the upper limit of the norm) of unclear genesis
- hepatic insufficiency
- cirrhosis of any etiology
Other trade names: Atomax, Atorvastatin, Atorvastatin calcium, Atorvox, Atoris, Lipon, Liprimar, Liptonorm, Tg-Tor, Torvacard, Tulip
Package: 30 tabs 40 Mg